Thursday, January 14, 2010

Making Reusable Wipes


I'm VERY new to this, so you may be able to find some better recipes online.  I've just been using a modified version of the previous recipe I posted for disposable wipes.  You can make cloth wipes real easy, just take some flannel and sew up the sides (or buy pre sewn cloth wipes online via a cloth diaper website).  Fold or roll them and place them in a wipes warmer.  Those of you that have a wipes warmer just hanging around because you disliked it while using store bought wipes (dries them out), you will be able to use it rather than it just hanging out like a bulky paper weight.  You can probably even use some cheap children's washcloths for the wipes.  I'm going to try that next.  Soak the wipes in the warmer with your favorite wipes solution or use a spray bottle to spray them.  If you don't want to make your own, various cloth diaper sites offer pre-made wipes solution for purchase.  I use these wipes to sponge bathe my baby because they smell oh, so good!  I use them for diaper changes and also to wipe my older daughter's mouth after she eats.  She's pretty messy!  When you're finished, throw them in your laundry hamper to wash or in your wet laundry bag if you're cloth diapering.  This will make your dirties smell a whole lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment